digital smiles inc.
...making learning fun again!
My first convertable...
Instructor Tom McLaughlin
B-Admin, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, CTT, A+, Network+, Security+ & MOUS.
Tom McLaughlin has been around computers since 1989 beginning with an Apple II+ and has been updating his skills ever since - working on the newest and latest computers and software systems in small to medium sized network environments.
Along with the IT field experience Tom has built a few award winning websites as he seeks to broaden his portfolio base. Tom has worked with Novell, Linux, and all of the Microsoft programs including Windows 7 and SharePoint 2007.
While becoming a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Tom discovered that his abilities allowed him to have a career in the training aspect of the IT industry. His enthusiasm and passion has encouraged many students to become successful in learning and job seeking. His experiences in the field while being open minded to new techniques has given him an effective "real world" presentation in the classroom and in leadership and management skills matched by few.
Red Deer College, Red Deer
Bow Valley College, Calgary
Norquest College, Edmonton
Olds College, Olds
Grande Prairie College, Grande Prairie
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
ATTA Training & Development, Calgary
Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, Winnipeg, & Calgary
Honolulu, Hawaii, Anchorage, Alaska, Chicago, Illinois
- Blackfalds & Bonnyville
- Calgary & St. John's
CTC Training Calgary
Elk Valley Tech Coal (sparwood and elkford)
Grand Cache Coal
HTML, Web Design, & Dreamweaver
Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, & PowerPoint
Office 2003, 2007, and 2010
PC & Network Certification
(A+, Network+, Security+)
Well I remember the days when I didn't know what a hard drive was and how scary it was to visit a web site, let alone code one in HTML. My goal is to allow people to feel comfortable yet informed when visiting your site.
I have attained MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCT, CTT+, A+ (PC Hardware), Network+, Security+, and MOUS (Office) designations, plus a Business Administration diploma in Management and Marketing just for the heck of it.
I am comfortable with all versions of Windows in the networking, software, and hardware areas - and I'd be glad to help you in any way from instruction, to setups, to web design, or just small talk.
- Business Administration from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (Management & Marketing diploma)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Office Expert (MOUS - Brainbench)
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- PC Hardware & Software Certification (A+, Network+, Security+)
- Web Designer (Web Master)
- Automotive Journeyman Partsman (AJP)
While Tom has many certifications and diploma's to show for his hard studies, his greatest
accolades come from the comments made by his students and clients on the evaluation forms.
Student Comments: (Click here for a recent update)
-"Tom was actually very interesting and kept our attention on the various tools (in Outlook) and how to use it. He also answered all our questions and if something was not known, he would actually look up the info to make sure he gave us accurate information. I really enjoyed him and would recommend him highly."
- "The Instructor, Tom, very informative, helpful, knowledgeable man. His wit lightened up the week and made for a very pleasant week."
- "Tom is an extremely knowledgeable instructor with a relaxing teaching style. I would personally highly recommend to because of his knowledge, delivery and personality."
- "Tom totally overhauled our site and WOW does it look great!"
Click here if you wish to see my Resume or read Testimonials from Students and Clients.